We were feeling sick again all week but this time it was allergies. There has been an explosion of allergy producers in the last week or so and, of course, our family suffers greatly. So again all we wanted was soup. Full disclosure: we went out to eat one day and I had french onion soup and mac and cheese. I really, really like comfort food. Then I liked the french onion soup so much I went to the store for the ingredients and made it for dinner that night minus the mac and cheese. The gallons of soup we’ve eaten in the past few weeks must have made us feel better though because today we are actually getting things accomplished. Woo hoo! Also, because we’ve been so sick already this season (and because I’m contributing to an article about the same subject which will be available next month!), tomorrow will be a post about homemade cold remedies.
- Bowtie Pasta and Marinara with Salad
- Tomato Soup with Grilled Cheese
- This time we used Havarti in our grilled cheese and it was still amazing. This time I strained the tomatoes through a fine mesh sieve after blending because last time there were some odd bits of tomato that would randomly stab me in the mouth. Not fun. I am loving this soup though and will never use a can of tomato soup again. The flavor and texture is perfect and I love how the red pepper flakes give it just a little heat. Dex is usually not a soup fan but ate all of his and said this was the best recipe he’s ever had. Since he is 3 years old that is probably true.
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with French Bread
- French Onion Soup with French Bread Croutons and Gruyere