This week has been really busy again with general errands and trying to get the word out about Kai’s Kickstarter project, Jumping Fences, Documenting the Overlooked. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you only have 18 days left to help back this project.
- Black Bean and Poblano Quesadillas with Cilantro Lime Rice
- I just put a couple poblano peppers under the broiler for a few minutes until the skin was blackened. Then I took them out and let them cool enough to handle and pulled the charred skin off. I diced them up and tossed them on some tortillas with canned black beans (drained and rinsed well) and some shredded cheddar cheese.
- For the cilantro lime rice I just made some brown rice according to package directions and added a tablespoon or 2 of lime juice, some chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper.
- Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Shells with Salad and French Bread
- I used this recipe for the marinara and added some extra tomatoes and garlic to use for the roasted tomato vegetable soup the next day.
- Roasted Tomato Vegetable Soup with French Bread
- Mexican Lime Soup with Quesadillas
- I didn’t follow the directions exactly for this soup because we had roasted a chicken and made stock from the bones. So I used my homemade stock instead of half stock/half water and the leftover roasted chicken.