- Pasta with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- This recipe is so fast and easy. I’ve made it 3 times since I first found the recipe.
- Fig, Bacon, Goat Cheese, Arugula Pizza and Peach, Basil, and Balsamic Pizza
- I used this dough recipe for both kinds of pizza. It is a lot faster than the pizza dough recipe I usually use from Bon Appetit that takes 18 hours. Both of these pizzas tasted so fresh and delicious. They struck the perfect balance between sweet and savory. They’d definitely work well for appetizers too!
- Broiled Salmon Cakeswith Risotto and Asparagus
- I adapted the broiled crab cakes recipe substituting salmon in equal part for the crab. It worked out beautifully. The flavor was light and the texture was perfect. And using the broiler method instead of frying in oil makes them so much healthier (if you worry about that kind of thing, which I really don’t. Maybe I should do a post explaining my view on healthy eating?).
- For asparagus I always roast it. I think it is the fastest, easiest, and tastiest method. Preheat oven to 400*. Hold the asparagus bunch in both hands horizontally. Bend until the asparagus snaps, it should break off near the bottom of the stalk, maybe an inch or two up. Place asparagus on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 400 for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Done. Give it a squirt of lemon juice if you feel fancy.
- Pulled Pork with Mac and Cheeseand Asparagus
- Pulled Pork:
2-3 lb pork shoulder or butt roast
2 cloves garlic micro-planed or finely minced
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Heat oil over medium heat in large dutch oven. Rub pork roast with garlic and generous amount of rub. Seer roast on all sides until good crust develops. Add broth and lemon juice. Cover and put in oven. Roast turning every hour until pork falls apart easily, about 2 and 1/2 hours. Uncover and put on burner over medium heat. Shred pork and stir until liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- BBQ Rub:
1/4 cup Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
1 tbsp finely ground black pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp dry mustard
- Margherita Pizza
- Top pizza dough with crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce), minced garlic, thinly sliced tomatoes, fresh thinly sliced mozzarella, a drizzle of olive oil. Bake. Scatter fresh basil on top. Slice. Eat. Love.